Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Back pain

I've had a few people ask about my back, so here it is. My back sucks, and it hurts like heck right now.

My pain management doctor's theory is that the weight of Squish, and my huge belly are pulling on my back. Basically it's pulling my spine forward, which is aggravating my already bad back. He thinks that it's basically pulling and pushing on the nerves that are already bad. He also told me that it will likely get worse.

Bed rest sucks. I think my back hates the not doing anything, and it's definitely not used to taking it easy this long.

As much as I HATE to admit it I've been in a lot of pain for more than a few weeks. For the first time ever I've taken my allowed dosage of pills every single day for weeks - I've never done that. It absolutely sucks hurting this bad all the time. There have been days lately when the only reason I'm getting out of bed is I know the dogs need let out, and I have to pee (this point goes to Squish playing hopscotch on my bladder). I actually have a call in asking my doctor about another pain med he had me use that worked really well. We'll see how that goes. I feel horrible asking for more meds but it's that or living in this horrible pain and not wanting to move.

I have a "TENS Unit" - it's basically an electro-stimulation unit for my back. It works great. At the same time during the few few weeks we knew we were pregnant every single time I used it I had bleeding. It was also after a few days of using it constantly that we lost our Christopher so it freaks me out using it while pregnant. I've used it, I just really limit the time, and sometimes I wish I hadn't because it gives me a brief break and then it's back to reality, pain wise.

I wish I had better news back wise. I could lie, but I hate lying. Kelley has been wonderful putting up with me and working hard. Bless him if we make it through this pregnancy without him serving me divorce papers.

At the same time, I'll deal with whatever I have to back wise to bring Squish here happy and healthy. My back hates me, and I'm used to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment