Friday, January 8, 2010

Ultrasound of Squish today!

Here are the photo's:

January 8, 2010 (1)
~You can see where the eyes are, the nose, lips, chin, I'm simply in awe still that God has given us another little baby to grow. Amazing how quickly a tiny dot on the ultrasound machine turns into a baby, even more so that we can see the baby growing inside of the momma's.~

January 8, 2010 (2)
~Not quite sucking the thumb - but look at those long arms.~

January 8, 2010 (3)
~It simply amazes me that existing only 16 weeks 6 days you can already make out each individual finger on Squish's hand.~


In other news:
Squish is still moving and shaking in there. There is yet another note on an ultrasound that baby wouldn't hold still or cooperate for getting pictures taking. If there was ever any doubt about Squish taking after Kelley, this seals it, Kelley never behaves for pictures. It's such a gift to be able to carry a child, let alone to have this technology given from God that allows us to see these babies grow and check up on them.

As you know my last ultrasound was on December 29th - at that check up they estimated on the low side that Squish weighed 3.5 ounces. Today I was given a low estimate (this is the lowest of her three measurements) 5.5 ounces. That means that in 11 days Squish has grown 2 whole ounces, that's the equivalent of 50% more weight that it took baby 15 weeks to get in just two. No wonder I've been so darn tired lately.

Anyone want to know what we are having? Hmmmm? Anyone? Yeah, we'd like to know too. I was sort of glad that they couldn't tell me today because Kelley wasn't there - and sharing it with him just makes it all the more special, plus I'd feel like he was cheated if we didn't find out at the same time. I still feel like he's getting the short end of the stick me getting to see all the ultrasounds and not him. The tech did look, and asked if I wanted her guess, and I told her "no" - it would just be a guess and I'd rather have something definite. At the same time, I was told that we might have to wait a long while before we find out what we are having. This is the 3rd ultrasound where Squish had the umbilical cord between their legs, she said that sometimes babies keep it there the whole pregnancy and you don't find out what you are having until the baby comes. In two weeks I have another ultrasound scheduled - a level 2 where they look at all the babies anatomy and such and she said that she'll give it a good go then. I told her that would be better for me than fighting today because Kelley should be there.

In other news, it's not bad news, but it's not good news. They did the cervical check again (it'll be done every two weeks I think I've mentioned). Anyways my cervix has shortened by .1 cm which isn't much, but it has shortened a little bit. She said the average is 4-5cm so I am starting short, mine was 3.4, and is now 3.3cm. It's not considered "short" or dangerous until 2.5cm, or we start funneling at which time I'll be put on strict bed rest. So I was told to continue to take it easy, and keep limiting my time on my feet. One of these days I'll have type the list of things I'm NOT allowed to do, surprised sometimes that I'm allowed to do more than roll in bed.

That's it for now. :) I plan on taking tummy shots sometimes coming up. I think I'm bigger now than I EVER was with Christopher. They said something about the extra skin from having lost so much weight, and then being "pre-stretched" from having been pregnant just three months before this baby was conceived. Dreading how huge I'll be when (we are going with WHEN not IF) I make it to 35 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment