Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Craving's ... seriously?

I guess I always had this assumption that the food cravings during pregnancy wouldn't start until the 3rd trimester. I also assumed that they would be for really weird things like the famed pickles and ice cream, you know, something like that.

What I've learned is that being pregnant turns you into a teenage boy. You can open your mouth and shovel food in to this thing they call your stomach, but is actually a black hole, and never actually feel full.

So what have I been craving?

It started with the Original Chicken Sandwich from Burger King. This really wasn't that bad - there is a Burger King about 10 minutes from the house, AND those sandwiches just went down in price (at least here). Now mind you this isn't just any version of this sandwich, it has to have extra mayo. The bad thing was that this was not just the occasional "oh a chicken sandwich sounds good" this was a constant "I NEED a chicken sandwich" - mouth watering, almost daydream sort of thing.

Peanut Butter M&M's - this one is pretty easy to fix, I wish they were cheaper, but I don't have to have a ton of them, just a few and I feel better.

The difficult one, at least so far is the Taco Bell Chalupa craving. It HAS to be a Taco Bell Chicken Supreme Chalupa - not just any thing from Taco Bell. The Taco Bell closest to us doesn't do chalupa's, and that one is only 10 minutes away - soooo it's a 35-45 minute drive there and back to get to the Taco Bell that has them. This craving thus far has been the worst of them. It's an all day thinking about the chalupa thing. A "what to eat?" and the only answer is chalupa thing. Add on top of that that I'm waking up in the middle of the night thinking how good one would be, and even dreaming about them. It's rather annoying to be honest. It's pretty irritating when all you can think of is food.

Add on top of that that I seem to be hungry all the time. I mean I could stuff myself sick at one time, and then an hour later feel like I'm starving again. Waking up feeling like I'm starving in the middle of the night is not as fun as it sounds. If nothing else this kid is well fed, definitely not starving.

I feel sort of bad for Kelley though - any time he asks what I want to eat it's always Taco Bell. He wasn't big on Taco Bell before these insane cravings started, I'm sure he's completely sick of it now. Good thing that the closest Taco Bell is connected to an A&W, and the other is also a Long John Silvers.

No comments:

Post a Comment