Monday, June 29, 2009

Baby Nursery/Registry

We've gotten a lot of questions and comments on what we are doing with the nursery/baby room now that we know we are having a boy. We've also had several people ask if we are registering for gifts for Christopher, and where we would be doing that.

First, with the nursery, here is a current picture:

So, yes, we have made progress. Right now it's a lot of actually getting around to moving boxes out and finding a new place to put things that were in what was the computer room. Thus far I think Kelley and I have decided to do a jungle/safari type theme for the nursery. We both have seemed to like bedding sets that revolved around a jungle theme - plus Kelley likes the green thing. I also think that a jungle/safari theme will leave things open much more than choosing Winnie-the-poo or Mickey Mouse, Fire Trucks, or sports. Will we paint the nursery? I don't know right now (I think Kelley would prefer no). I do plan on doing some art of my own to hang on the walls in there related to the jungle theme, and am pretty sure that I will be able to do it successfully.

Baby furniture - we are looking right now. Within the next few weeks Kelley and I will take a day to go and check out all sorts of cribs. The crib is my main concern right now as it will be used the most, and will have the greatest effect on my back. I have to make sure that the crib fits me, and is one that I can easily use. I'm leaning towards white furniture as I'm not big on really dark furniture and white goes with just about everything. It's also something that in the future if we have another baby we will be able to use with a boy or girl, and any theme.

Now as far as registering - I haven't the first clue about exactly how you register or what to register for. Any input would be very welcome. I've had several people suggest to register at either Kmart or Walmart, then Target (I guess Target is a must), then some where like Kohls JCPenny or Sears, as well as Babies R Us. Any input on that? Do you register at more than one place? We will be registering, it's just figuring out how, where and for what that has me thrown. then of course is the "what" do you register for? A few have said register for everything from baby furniture to pacifiers, it just seems weird. Like I said, info and a possible "how to guide" on doing the whole baby registry thing would be great! One way or another I figure we will have the registry thing taken care of in the next 2-4 weeks.

Hope this answers the questions for some of you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment