Friday, June 19, 2009

Last day of the first half...

Today is the last day of the first half of my pregnancy. As of tomorrow I will be the full 20 weeks pregnant, and in the second half of the pregnancy.

Truthfully, the evening I saw the positive pregnancy test I never thought that this baby was going to stick around. I had this dream for so long and spent the first 15 weeks of the pregnancy in disbelief that it had finally come true. Add on top of that my scare with my stomach problems at the end of May, I'm still amazed.

On Wednesday I had an appointment with my regular OB - Dr. Edwards. I was a little worried as I hadn't been feeling the baby around for the past week. It was such a relief to hear the heart beat - at 158bpm.

Another thing that is incredible is knowing that we are now in the home stretch - the second half. Also, knowing that there is a good chance, given my mom's history with babies, that baby is going to show up early, I sort of feel like it's cheating.

I can say that so far pregnancy has been a lot easier in many ways than I thought it would be. The first trimester really had me worried, but the morning sickness and all of that wasn't that bad. I'm not saying feel sick 24/7 was a great way to spend your time, but it wasn't all that bad. I'm still tired most of the time, and waiting for the burst of energy the books keep saying will be coming. The hardest thing so far is scaling back what I want to do to what I'm physically capable of doing being pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment