Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mommy Day! (To me) May 10, 2009

I have to say that it's quite surprising when your hubby pleasantly surprises you.

Friday Tazz (our kitten) got his manlyhoodness de-man-ified. One the way home Kelley needed to stop and pick up some stuff. One of the stops was at Fry's Marketplace where he wanted to pick up some orange juice and vodka - I stayed in the car with the animals. Kelley surprised me with flowers - for mothers day. I was so very very proud of him for realizing this was a mothers day for me. (Think score - major brownie points for the hubby.)

I had even thought awhile ago how this was going to be Kelley's first "Father's Day". Then it occurred to me that it would be mean of me to do anything for him for Father's Day if he didn't think of Mother's Day. Kelley saved me that dilemma.

Then, yesterday, Mother's Day, Kelley made me breakfast in bed, and kept the dogs from bugging me to death so I could sleep in. He also told me "Happy Mother's Day" quite a few times. Kelley was great, and let me get away with whining for a burger king original chicken sandwich - and he got me the sandwich!

I do believe I got our pastor at church, Sammy, in big trouble with his wife. His wife, Marylin, wished me happy mothers day, and I told her about Kelley's breakfast. Then it got to the whole "it's Kelley's first mother's day and he's got the idea, he should be giving out pointers". Wasn't the only one to mention something along those lines.

So, points, and score, for hubby! Not only is he the best husband in the world, but he's already getting the hang of the whole me being a mom thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment