Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hospital Stay's suck

Nope this isn't an everything is great post - I wish it was. Here's the (as brief as I do brief) cliff notes:

Had a great day Monday with Kelley, he had the day off. Ate regularly. Had dinner which was pork chops with potato's (very yummy btw), and about two hours later had a small slice of chocolate pie.

About 20 minutes later I started feeling like crap and barely made it to the bathroom in time for a power puking session. I thought it was just me dumping from the sugar in the pie, because of my stomach surgery. Dealt with it, felt more like crap, went to bed.

Woke up Tuesday feeling like a truck spent the night ramming into my stomach... thinking the pain was from the power puking session I did the normal (stupid I now realize) deal with it, wait for it to go away. The pain got worse, I couldn't eat, I couldn't drink, I couldn't walk straight, sit up, or do anything except lay on my right side. I went to bed figuring that I'd feel better in the morning, if not I'd call to get seen.

Kelley and I ended up in the ER at 3:30AM. I can say the ER trip was a complete waste, they took two things of blood, ended up cathetering me to get a urine sample, when those came back fine, despite more pain than I'd ever felt, I was told they couldn't/wouldn't help me, and to get seen by my OB when they opened.

We were released from the ER, and headed to SunLife (my OB) at 730AM - thankfully the people there are awesome and saw me right away. After a quick exam - no tests just Dr. Edwards feeling my tummy - Dr. Edwards decides to admit me.

Dr. Edwards thinks that I have an obstruction of some type blocking food and things from going through my organs.

I get to the hospital and get hooked up - thankfully with pain drugs - and one of the general surgeons comes up and we talk.

As of now I've had an ultrasound done of my abdomenon - which came back clear. He thinks it's an obstuction as well of some sort. At the same time while the risk of a CT Scan to the baby is minimal he doesn't want something to end up happening to the baby and us always wondering if it was the scan that did it. SO I'm being kept overnight if the pain doesn't get better sometime tomorrow morning they will open my tummy up a little bit, insert a camera and look and see if they can figure out what the heck hurts so bad.

The baby is fine, and other than being stabbed in the stomach all the time I'm fine. I just figure it never hurts to ask for prayers for me and the baby. Here's hoping that I wake up in the morning and everything is suddenly fine, and everything is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment