Thursday, May 28, 2009

Update: Might be feeling better

I'm kind of worried I'm jinxing myself but I'm daring to hope that I might be feeling better.

Had a really really rough night last night and this morning but about seven thirty actually was able to move without too much pain. I was able to sit up without wanting to roll over and die, and was even up to walking in the room a little bit.

Dr. Moreno - the surgeon watching over me - is hoping that if it was an obstruction it has shrunk down a little bit, or moved, or if it was a kink in things that it undid itself - I'm thinking maybe the hiccups I've been getting were my bodies way of straightening moving things back where they should be.

Tummy didn't like me moving around but just being able to get up and walk to me was a huge success. I'm being put on the surgery board for later on today - Dr. Moreno said he has office stuff all day so if I get bad he can push me up, if I get better he can take me off the list. He also said that if things seem really good later he might even let me try to eat something today.

Food - thats a thought. I haven't felt hungry or thirsty since Monday night - which if it was an obstruction the fact that I didn't eat could have saved my life from things rupturing. It's another reason I think I'm starting to feel better - I'm actually starting to think I might be hungry.

Kelley asked if he needed to smuggle in a chicken sandwich (my lastest mad craving) jokingly, and boy oh boy I am soo not that brave. It was nice of him to offer though - it's always good to know that your husband is willing to break the law and smuggle you in what you need (okay want).

Keep Kelley in your thoughts too - the poor guy has had a rough couple days worrying about his wife and baby, and did a great job of not showing it too me. I'm just glad it's me in here, not him because I don't think I could stand to see him dealing with this stuff....

No comments:

Post a Comment